Monday, April 23, 2012

Iphone to control PIC microcontroller

I'm interested in writing an app that send messages over IP (using 3g, not neccesarily on the same WiFi network as the receiving end) to a PIC microcontroller connected to a router (via ethernet or wifi)



I saw some descriptions and examples on how to send messages on the same network, not sure if just by giving a different IP it would work outside the network it self. I was wondering how can it be received by the PIC (still hasn't decided which PIC, depends on the possibility to perform this)
and in turn, depends on the msg received, the PIC will perform an action, for example, light a certain LED in a LED array.



I have the sending side (the app sending over IP), and receiveing side (the PIC which lights the LEDs)
I'm just not quite sure what to send, or if such "translation" is even possible.



I've searched the web but couldn't find any such thing except for made kit (for RC cars for example)
Thanks.
Carmel





No comments:

Post a Comment