Monday, April 16, 2012

'Compile Sources' not updated while dragging files to a project in Xcode 4.3.2

I am just not sure if this is a bug in Xcode 4.3.2 or is it supposed to be this way.



When I upgraded to Xcode 4.3.2 some time back and dragged some files onto a newly created project, it repeatedly threw linker errors while compiling. All the required frameworks were already linked. Turned out, that these errors disappeared when I went and manually added the .m files that I had manually dragged onto the project, in the Build Settings - Compile Sources.



I have done the same thing in previous versions of Xcode and never had to update the manually update the compile sources myself. I would assume that if any .m file is dragged into the project, the compile sources should be automatically updated.



I don't have any previous version Xcode currently available with me where I can test it, but would like to know if this really is a bug in Xcode 4.3.2 or is there something else that I am missing.





No comments:

Post a Comment